Friday, February 29, 2008

Meta hunger

The snow started on schedule, at 5 pm. The interstate police set out to ticket everybody who had even thought of driving this evening. In one of the cars they forced off the road . . .

I do want to continue this story--the beginning is intriguing!--but I'm tired and very hungry. If I don't go to bed now, I'm going to wrap a banana in cheese and swallow a horse. And then tomorrow I'm gonna be angry and even hungrier. Nah. Better go to bed now. I'll chew my pillow in the night and wake up in time for a healthy lunch. Maybe then I'll consume my cheese-wrapped banana -- that actually sounds quite good, you know. Half a minute in the microwave, a sprinkle of almond slivers. Yes. Then we can talk about who ate who and the aliens are among us.

No comments: