Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Nissan

My August Nissan news has arrived, tells me my Inbox. I can click on the picture of a car in a puddle to learn more about the four-door sports car now available at my local Nissan dealer. But instead I'd like to scroll down to the bottom of the email and find the unsubscribe button. This is the seventh mailing list I've unsubscribed from today. In the age when countries lead cyber warfare against each other, my friend (me ex-friend) decided to take revenge on me by subscribing me to everything from TCBY to NineWest mailers. Everything she thinks that I'm dying to have. I can see why our relationship couldn't last: would you want to be friends with anybody who thinks you're dreaming of owning a four-door sports car that is very good at driving through puddles?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

as soon as you unsubscribe, they know your email is good and you get removed from one list and added to many more for free.

The other Olga said...

Right! Right. I always forget the intricacies of spam management..

Unknown said...

I don't agree completely, there are many spam lists that are run by reputable organizations such as ConstantContact SafeUnsubscribe.