Saturday, May 3, 2008

Corner

My mind is hazy, and don't try to explain it away by blaming my diet or constitution. Sure, I had a glass of wine for dinner, so what? It's a hazy day in the neighborhood, and my mind acts accordingly. Computer says it's 11 degrees Celsius, dark and cloudy. Earlier today I saw a dead bird on the street. I was reading a New Yorker article, something about the homeless in LA. They call it the -- eh, too much effort to remember. I didn't finish the article. They made a movie about it. I found the magazine at the gym, and I saw the bird on the way to the gym. On the way back it was gone. Instead, the corner where I had seen the body (the dead bird's body) was littered with random pieces of clothing. There is always something on that corner. One day, there was a bunch of plants there. And a mattress. Somebody threw away a mattress. Thinking of this I am growing sufficiently sad to go to bed. Yes, I think it's bedtime. Good night.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yesterday on the way home i saw a rodent (i think it was a squirrel) T.U. why do animals die with their paws straight up in the air?

The other Olga said...

i always thought it was because people stopped to look if they were REALLY dead