Saturday, January 26, 2008

Meeting

I keep running into her at the oddest times. Last night, for example, I mean late last night, around 2 am or so, I decided I had to stop blogging and went out for a walk. To clear my head, to get some exercise (I could've gone to the gym, but I didn't), to enjoy the rain and the city empty of people. I swallowed some vodka for warmth, grabbed an umbrella and went out. It was cold, brrr, how cold it was, icy rain coming down on my umbrella-holding hand and sockless feet. I thought I was going to go back in right away, but then vodka hit my head, and it was okay. I walked to the corner of the street, where there is a martini bar, and the martini bar had just closed for the night, and all the people were out on the street waiting for the cabs to show up to take them to their various residences scattered across the hills of the city and beyond. And there she was, with a group of friends, red scarf, orange hat, the rain dared not touch her. She stepped out into the street, and the cab appeared from around the corner; she got in alone, and that was that.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"Suddenly there was a huge earthquake. The street shook and opened up. I carefully peered into the hole and I could swear it went all the way to the core of the Earth. It swallowed up the taxicab, and THAT was that."

The other Olga said...

Yes, I know, I know. But you could be nicer too, after all you're sneaking into as of yet unpublicized blog! And in any case, how come you're so quick to read this one, while it takes you months to get to calisto239?

Unknown said...

It's psychologically difficult for me to surmount the Mt. Everest of calisto239. I like to get in on the ground floor. Check back after I read the last 6 months of newspapers ;)

The other Olga said...

well, I'll try to keep these short for your reading convenience, mr. i-have-to-be-thorough-or-else! anyway, welcome :)